Duty to Report
Under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act, anyone who has reasonable and probable grounds to believe a child is being sexually, physically, emotionally abused or neglected has a legal obligation to file a report.
Child abuse is everyone’s business.
If you need to make a report, here are some numbers to know:
- Lethbridge Police Service Complaint Line: 403-328-4444
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437 (KIDS) - available in multiple languages
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or Text CONNECT to 686868
- Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-8477
- Online Exploitation: cybertip.ca
- Or your local police/RCMP detachment