Our Services During Covid 19
- The health and safety of those we serve, our staff and volunteers
- To continue to deliver on the mission of the Chinook Sexual Assault Centre
- To support the emotional and economic recovery of our community and region
- To meet our commitments in service of and for others
- Provide services to the public based on the expert advice and evidence provided by the leadership of the Province of Alberta and Govermet of Canada
- Listen to the needs of those we serve
- To comunicate well
- To be flexible
- To be innovative in the delivery of services
At no time will the CSAC place staff or those we serve at unreasonable risk. We invest heavily in our health and safety program at the CSAC; abide by Occupational Health and Safety Legislation/Regulations and support staff and those we serve in their emotional health. That being stated, as the world around us opens, and as Covid 19 will be with us all for some time, the CSAC must be ready to serve and balance this unknown into the future. We will do this with proper precautions and good information with expert advice as a guide.
Calls, walk in's and in-person meetings are welcomed. You will determine what works best for you. Phone sessions to meet with our System Navigators can always be accommodated.
If presenting in person at the CSAC expect the following:
- We ask you come on your own or give us a heads up if others will be in attendance. This is a small space and proper social distancing must be maintained for everyones health.
- We will take your temperature - anyone with a temperature at 38C or higher MUST leave - we can meet via phone
- We will ask you a series of questios regarding your symptoms - this is to reduce risk of infection - people with symptoms such as a cough, fever, shortness of breath (or difficulty breathing), sore throat or a running nose (when not an allergy) will be asked to go home - we will meet with you by phone
- We will provide you with a mask - this must be worn at the centre - those people with hearing loss can be accommodated through the use of a screen
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the CSAC
- We ask that you socially distance yourself (6 feet) from others
- We provide you with a small hand sanitizer to use after you leave the Professional Building (this is for your on-going safety as you will have used either the elevator or staircase and touched points that others have touched)
Staff perform cleaning of all touch points following in person meetings and at three (3) other times throughout the work day (8 am, mid-morning and afternoon).